Friday, August 10, 2012

Memoirs From a Girl I Used to Know

  Clay Jenson comes home to find several cassette tapes in the mail. Hannah Baker, his classmate and crush, was speaking on the tapes. She had already committed suicide two weeks earlier, so the tapes she had recorded were addressing why. Hannah had thirteen reasons for committing suicide. Thirteen individuals. Thirteen connections. "I hope you're ready, because I'm about to tell you the story of my life. More specifically, why my life ended. And if you're listening to these tapes, you're one of the reasons why...." Every single person on the tapes contributed to Hannah reasons for commit suicide because when one small insignificant thing happened, it just escalated and turned into something bigger and bigger. Hannah called this the "snowball effect".


13 Reasons Why Tape (image)

No comments:

Post a Comment